Lakes & Rivers
Soutwest Lakes Trust – www.swlakestrust.org.uk
- South West Lakes Trust is the region’s largest combined environmental and recreational charity. Its 50 inland water sites, spread across Devon, Cornwall and West Somerset, attract in the region of 2m visits annually. It is listed as being in the top 3,000 of the country’s 150,000 charities. In 2010 the Trust won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in Sustainable Development category.
Westcountry Rivers Trust – www.wrt.org.uk
-The Trust is an environmental charity (Charity no. 1135007, Company no. 06545646) established in 1995 to secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of the rivers, streams, watercourses and water impoundments in the Westcountry and to advance the education of the public in the management of water.
Duchy of Cornwall - www.duchyofcornwall.org
- The Duchy of Cornwall was created out of the former Earldom of Cornwall by Edward III in 1337 in order to provide an income for his heir, seven year old Edward of Woodstock (later known as the Black Prince). From that day to this, its purpose has remained the same.
Accommodation & Sponsors
Helpful Holidays – www.helpfulholidays.com
- We’ve hand-picked around 600 of the finest self catering holiday cottages in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset. From cosy coastal cottages to large country houses, you’re sure to find just the right place for a happy holiday – many are dog friendly too. A family business since 1982, we inspect each and every one of our holiday cottages and know them very well, so if you have any queries, please do get in touch, we’re here to help.
Passage House Hotel – www.passagehousehotel.co.uk
- The BEST WESTERN Passage House Hotel, a range of amenities for everyone to enjoy, from superb conference facilities and excellent Devon accommodation, to a health spa and leisure club. This Devon hotel accommodation and perfect south Devon location offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel, with the benefits of friendly personal service and a genuinely warm welcome.
Dartmoor National Park – www.dartmoor-npa.gov.uk
- Covering an area of 954 sq km (368 sq miles), Dartmoor contains the largest and wildest area of open country in the south of England. By virtue of its outstanding natural beauty it is one of the National Parks of England and Wales. The National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act, 1949, made provision for the designation of National Parks in England and Wales.
RPM Building Supplies - www.rpm-buildingsupplies.co.uk
- An independent builders merchant, RPM Building Suppliers can offer building products and materials at very competitive prices. RPM are very local and can offer FREE next day delivery on all of their building materials from stock in the Newton Abbot store.
Tristan Denman Electrical – www.tdenmanelectrical.co.uk
- Specialising in Domestic Properties New Installations, Re-Wires, Maintenance & Repairs, Upgrades to Consumer Units, Extra Sockets & Lights Fault Finding, Free Advice, Visual Inspections & Report Electric Safety Inspections for Commercial & Domestic Properties
The Glassescorp – www.glassescorp.co.uk
- Based in sunny Devon The Glassescorp are now one of the largest online designer sunglasses and opthalmic glasses retailers in the UK, offering discounted prices on all top brands such as Oakley and Ray Ban with all products eligible for FREE uk delivery! As a proud sponsor of Commonwealth fly fishing England we are offering a further 5% off all our products with the promotional code CWFFE-1.